Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Runaround - 3³ Gaming NEWSday

All right, so this week has been slow for me in terms of article writing, so first here's what I did write.

Interview with Takamasa Shiba, Drankengard 3 Producer
In this article, I write about what one of the producers of the upcoming Drakengard 3 has to say about the game, and what his thoughts on the changing gaming market and experience in game development are.

Now, I could just leave it at that.  However, I have recently had something worth ranting about; so I think I will include that as well.

I am a loyal Square Enix games fan.  And ever since I started focusing on playing more recent games, I have been purchasing titles directly from the Square Enix online store.  It is convenient, and even cheaper in the long run.  I don't have to spend money on gas and whatnot.  Anyway, when I ordered Thief at the beginning of February, I did not expect to be having the trouble I am currently going through.  This is the first time I have ever pre-ordered a game from the online store.  So I was expecting to wait for it.  But I was to still receive it and the pre-order extras that I signed up to get (DLC code for The Bank Heist, T-Shirt) on the day it was released.

On the release date, I waited.  The regular mail went through, and I didn't get anything.  Then the FedEx driver drove on by while his route.  And the UPS driver didn't even go by the house that day.  I figured that it just arrived late to the post office, and I'd get it the next day.  Well, it has been a whole week, and still nothing.

I recently sent a message to the Square Enix Support Center to see if there was some reason on why I hadn't received what I ordered.  Their response was that while I did order the game from their store, it is another store entirely that handles the issue I am having.  Now, I get it.  They make video games, they just don't sell them directly.  It takes out that hassle.  However, I went to the only support center link I was provided.  And in Square Enix's reply to my message, I was given a link to the exact same one I used before.  So I would be running in circles.

And I then went directly to the Digital River site for more information.  But their website was down for maintenance.  So I called them.  They said that the reason why my order had not arrived was because it was put on hold due to The Bank Heist DLC was not yet available.  That isn't true, in fact, that is the only thing I have received.  I received the code via Email on the date of release (February 25, 2014).  I told the person I spoke to about this, and it stumped even her.

So now I am waiting for another reply from them.  It will take 2-3 days in order for it to arrive.  And so I will wait for their reply, and the game.

And that, everyone, is why you have not seen a review on Thief.  That was something I was looking forward to writing.

Well, that brings us to the end of this week's NEWSday.  Be sure to come back on Thursday!  Until then, I hope you see no Game Over screens!

Michael, aka me3lingual

No comments:

Post a Comment