Friday, March 7, 2014

999 - ThursD.I.D.

Hey, guess what!  I finally figured out a name for the Thursday entries.  I'm calling it ThursD.I.D.  It stands for ThursDay.In.Depth.  It's a bit annoying to type, but I'll get used to it.  Anyway, let's begin.

The game I am reviewing this week is 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.  This puzzle-mystery game is on the Nintendo DS, with a sequel on the PSVita and 3DS.  Your character has awoken on a ship, and along with looking like he hasn't eaten in days, he is sporting a bracelet with the number 5 on it.  And you are not the only one on the ship.  There are eight other unfortunate souls along with you.

Your captor wants you to play a game.  You and your "friends" will solve puzzles and travel throughout the ship.  And there are rules you must follow in order to get off the ship.

Anyway, the thing I like most about the game is that there are six different endings, and the best way to play the game is to get all of the different endings.  The puzzles themselves are both challenging and fun to complete.  There were some that I ended up having to find out how to solve, because they were too difficult for me to solve.

All in all, it is a great game.  A friend was talking about it, and it seemed interesting to me.  So far, I have only seen two of the 6 endings.  The first time I played, I received the Coffin ending, and the second time I got the Submarine ending.

So, that's about it for this week's ThursD.I.D.!  I hope you like the new name for Thursday's entries.  Make sure to stop by on Saturday for the week's SaturPLAY.  Until then, I hope you see no Game Over screens!

Michael, aka me3lingual

No comments:

Post a Comment