Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Not a Newsie Tuesday - 3³ Gaming NEWSday

Okay, so I know it's technically not Tuesday, so this entry won't be about NEWSday.  I felt I just had to rant again about my current situation with Square Enix.  As I reported last week, my copy of Thief was put on backorder.  It has been more than two weeks since the game came out, and I have still not received it.  To make matters worse, I received an Email on Monday saying that my copy of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster has also been put on backorder.  And since there are currently no copies available at this time, my whole order is on hold.  Which means my copy of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is also not going to be here next week either.

Now, what has me wanting to scream is the fact that I ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII way back in December.  You would think that a copy would have my name on it, just waiting for the appropriate time to be placed in the mail.  I mean, come on, I ordered the games three months before the games came out.  There should have been a priority system in place so those who ordered early would be guaranteed to receive the items when it was said they'd arrive.  I honestly think that they had an alphabetical list, and shipped them in that order.  And then they ran out of Thief and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster copies before they got to my name.  I can't think of any other logical reason for not shipping something I ordered so far in advance.

So, that's how it is right now.  I think the only good thing that is coming out of being delayed playing the games I have been looking forward to playing is that I have time to play what I still need to play.  And that's about it.  I ranted, and feel a tiny bit better than I did before.  If you, or someone you know, has had similar experiences, leave your response in the comments.  That way I will know I am not the only one who's had something like this happen.  So, until then, I hope you see no Game Over screens.

Michael, aka me3lingual

No comments:

Post a Comment