Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Time is Running Out for Deadman's Cross - 3³ Gaming NEWSday

Welcome to 3³ Gaming NEWSday!  In this revamped edition of NEWSday, I will present a piece of gaming news and my thoughts about it.  So, let's begin!

As a Square Enix game fan, I try to stay up-to-date with news concerning Square Enix games.  Unfortunately, I found out this little tidbit a bit later than I would have liked.  It seems that the Vita game Deadman's Cross is losing its Vita support at the end of the month.  I really like the game, and it sucks that it will be a mobile-only game after September 30, 2015.  I don't know which is worse though; not finishing the story of the game, or not earning every PSN trophy the game has.  Anyway, here is the official announcement:

Thank you for playing Deadman's Cross (PlayStation Vita cersion). 
After careful consideration, service for the PlayStation Vita version of Deadman's Cross will come to an end on Sept. 30, 2015.  As the Deadman's Cross dev team and staff, we would like to express our deepest gratitude for your patronage of our game. 
The smartphone version of Deadman's Cross continues to enjoy popularity, and service will continue for that version.  Since it is possible to transfer the save data from your PlayStation Vita version over to the smartphone version, it is out hope that you will continue to enjoy Deadman's Cross, this time on a smartphone. 
We are preparing bonuses for players who transfer their data to the smartphone version and continue to play, so see the "Notice of Migration to Smartphone Version Campaign" for details.  
The end-of-service schedule for the PlayStation Vita version is as follows:  
    • Halt of any new purchases of Deadman's Coins - Aug. 31, 2015 at the time of maintenance
    • End of Service
      • Sept. 30, 2015 12:00 a.m. (PDT)
      • Sept. 30, 2015 3:00 a.m. (EDT)
      • Sept. 30, 2015 7:00 a.m. (GMT)
      • Sept. 30, 2015 4:00 p.m. (JST)
Once again we thank you for your patronage, and though there is but a short time remaining until the end of service, we hope you will continue to enjoy the PlayStation Vita version of Deadman's Cross
The Deadman's Cross Team
After reading this announcement, it really lit a fire under me to try and finish this game before the service ends.  As much as I want to finish the story, its the PSN trophy list that I am worried about.  I don't have it completed!   At the time of reading the announcement, I had 9 of the 14 trophies earned.  Since then I have brought that amount up to 12 of the 14 trophies.  The two trophies I still need are probably the most difficult to earn.

The 1% - You earned a total of 1,000,000 hardware.
I Am a Generous God - Completed 1000 hunts. A virtual rekilling machine.

The problem here is that I have no way of knowing how close (or far) I am from earning these trophies.  The game doesn't show the amount of hunts or how much I have earned in terms of hardware.  All I know is that I have around 100,000 hardware, and usually stay at around that amount because I like to feed my horde the deadmen I capture.

Oh well, I have just over three weeks to finish the list.  I will try my best to get the trophies, and I know that if I don't, it will be a great effort.  I also know that it will be yet another game that will prevent me from getting back to a respectable completion percentage.

So, how is that for the startup of 3³ Gaming NEWSday?  I hope you enjoyed reading it, and that it makes you want to come back for more on Thursday when I post a ThursD.I.D.  Well, until then, I hope you see no Game Over screens!

Michael, aka me3lingual

No comments:

Post a Comment